There are a lot of internet protection software out on the market today, making it challenging to know who you can really trust. Internet security is something that needs to be seriously considered, especially with the amount of things that are online now. Even your home thermostat and baby monitors can be online nowadays. With that, you need to be sure that the protection software you are using is actually going to help you and not just be a great way to flush money down the drain.
If you are wondering whether it is even worth it to buy software, let me tell you that it is. While you may not be thinking that you are doing anything with your computer that should make malware get you, the truth is it doesn’t matter what you are doing online. Being online will open your computer up to cookies. And if you download anything at all, you are also risking putting a hidden virus on your computer without you even knowing it.
Here’s a look at the best internet protection software that are on the market.
- G Data Internet Security: The good thing about G Data is that it matches the highest independent test scores as far as protection and threat detection accuracy go. The weird thing though is that it doesn’t have a password manager. Ultimately, it has excellent reviews and is one of the best out there on the market in terms of what it does and how well it can do it. It does go beyond basic protections.
- McAfee Internet Security: The best part about using McAfee, other than its free version, is that it has awesome scores in terms of performance. There isn’t an online backup feature included though, so you will have to pay extra if that is something that you are after. But McAfee’s name is well-known and you really can’t go wrong with it. It is trustworthy and effective at combating malware.
- Kaspersky Internet Security: Kasperksy’s best feature is that it has both webcam protections and WiFi security, something that is not always found in protection software. There isn’t a file shredder option in it though, so you may have to purchase more software if you are hoping to be able to destroy your files. This one is continually reviewed as the best in terms of usability, performance, and protection.
- Bitdefender Internet Security: If you are looking for a great price and effective internet security, take a look at Bitdefender. It has the highest-level of performance, completely blowing is competition out of the water. The firewall is not as effective as an antivirus engine, but if you use windows, you will already have a firewall, so it is not really necessary. Really though, this is the best at tracking and destroying malware without bogging down your computer.
- Norton Internet Security: Norton is the leader in offices and schools for security. The reason is that you can have one license protecting up to five different devices. It does make the computers run slightly slower, but if you are looking to have multiple devices all protected, it may be the way to go for you. It does all have good security features and still does a great job protecting your information.
Most of the software that you can buy today will be able to protect your computer and information from viruses, that isn’t a question. But each software has its own bells and whistles to keep in mind so you know that you are getting the software that will work best for your specific budget and situation.